Industry Groups » Finance
Our lawyers have dealt with the full range of legal concerns affecting clients in the financial services industry. Representing lenders, we have completed more than $1 billion in credit transactions since 1988. We have also served as regional counsel on complex multistate and international transactions totaling more than $5 billion. Our bank clients include national banks headquartered in our region as well as other major domestic and foreign banks. We also represent a number of non-bank institutional lenders, insurance companies and accounting firms.
In our representation of lender clients, we have:
- Prevented multi-million dollar credit losses by identifying structural flaws in financing programs that the lenders were prepared to implement.
- Overcome legal obstacles, ranging from labor injunctions to environmental hazards, that threatened completion of sound lending transactions.
- Identified additional assets available as collateral, ranging from aircraft to patents and trademarks, and improved our lender clients’ position by securing the loans with that collateral too.
- Defused potential lender liability claims by formulating strategies that enabled our lender clients to achieve their objectives without being exposed to liability claims.
- Co-led the triage and turnaround of a troubled national bank victimized by a massive scheme of irregular loans.
- Structured and completed numerous joint venture arrangements, including one in the insurance industry that returned more than 1,000% on the client’s investment during a three year period.
- Represented a bank holding company in a rights offering and follow-on public offering of its common stock. The offering was initiated in response to a consent order with the OCC and the Federal Reserve that required the bank holding company and the bank it controlled to restore capital depleted by management malfeasance.
- Represented a large accounting firm as special counsel and arbitrator of a post-closing purchase price adjustment and other disputes associated with the sale of a company.
- Represented several banks in connection with asset based revolving credit and term loan facilities for a multitude of different entities.
- Represented a bank in connection with participation agreements of a crane and construction equipment manufacturer.
- Represented a printing company in obtaining a multi-million dollar credit facility from a New York based lender.