Practice Areas » Banking and Bank Regulatory Law
As experts in bank regulatory compliance (as well as the businesses of banking such as lending and deposit taking) our attorneys are authorities in the areas of the law where banks need guidance today. And, we have represented regional, national and international banks in their lending transactions since the late 1970’s. Furthermore, we have over 25 years of experience defending creditors’ rights.
We have valuable contacts and experience that come from years of public service in both the Federal and State governments. The knowledge of the legislative and regulatory processes from the inside provides us with a deep understanding of current issues and historical knowledge that enables us to strategize and advocate effectively for our clients.
In addition, we have assisted banks and insurance clients recover from potential or actual losses, including situations in which the institution itself was imperiled. Not only do we represent financial institutions, we are also well qualified to assist businesses with their banking matters, especially in the lending and treasury services areas.
The acumen and advocacy skills of Keevican Weiss Bauerle & Hirsch LLC’s seasoned professionals are available to assist you.
Our experience includes the following:
Created the largest de novo bank in American banking history, when measured by initial capitalization
- Rescued troubled institutions, including providing interim management, recapitalization, loan workout and balance sheet restructuring services
- Acted as lenders' counsel, restructuring counsel, or both, in secured and unsecured financing transactions involving nearly every Top 50 bank located north of the Mason Dixon line
- Negotiated regulatory agreements and orders that averted or reduced fines, sanctions or both for our clients
- Structured mergers and acquisitions that helped clients expand or consolidate their franchises
- Drafted many types of agreements to address banks’ customer relationships, which include the required regulatory disclosures
- Assisted banks with government contracts, including federal, state and local government agreement and the laws that apply to these business relationships