- Corporate Finance and Securities
Practice Areas » Corporate Finance and Securities
Our work in corporate finance and securities serves both our continuing clients and companies that retain us for special assignments. We help our clients obtain the capital they need to operate and expand their businesses.
We have arranged hundreds of millions of dollars of private equity for clients in recent years, enabling them to grow their businesses and succeed. Many of those clients have, as a result of those efforts, been able to position themselves for a successful and profitable sale of their businesses or an initial public offering.
For those companies that have accessed the public markets for the first time, our experience has resulted in a smooth transition to public company status. For existing public companies, we offer a full array of securities and related services, making sure that these companies comply with their duties and all applicable laws as they achieve their vision and goals. Additionally, we have significant experience representing issuers, underwriters and governmental bodies and authorities in the issuance and administration of tax-exempt and taxable bonds and notes, including both revenue and general obligation issuances. The following transactions illustrate our recent work in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities.
Our corporate finance and securities attorneys have:
- Helped a technology-related company obtain five rounds of equity funding, leading to an exit that provided investors a return of more than ten times their invested capital.
- Initiated a consent solicitation and tender offer for a privately-held retailer that enabled its founder to regain control of the company from its venture capital investors, while providing the venture capital investors liquidity.
- Assisted a diversified energy resources company in its first public offering of common stock in over 40 years, helping it raise over $110 million.
- Represented an oil and gas developer in raising millions in private equity, enabling it to develop significant foreign oil and gas rights it had spent years obtaining.
- Served as counsel to the issuer of depository units valued at over one hundred million dollars, representing interests in a natural gas net profits interests trust.