- Emerging Business
Practice Areas » Emerging Business
Through our business advisory firm, Renaissance Partners, our professionals provide legal and business advisory services to emerging and growing businesses. Our professionals arrange financing for recapitalizations, roll-up strategies, expansions, and MBOs. In addition, we arrange venture capital investments for early stage companies and facilitate the commercialization of leading-edge technologies and bench science. Our experienced professionals have:
- Represented a Pittsburgh-based designer and manufacturer of products that clean, inspect, and rehabilitate pipes and tanks using robotically and remotely controlled mobile equipment. Our representation included the acquisition of core technology, angel, bridge and first-level institutional funding rounds and strategic alliances.
- Represented a designer and manufacturer of network security devices from company formation through five rounds of preferred stock offerings, raising in excess of $30 million.
- Represented a producer of Web services security products from initial incorporation through two rounds of preferred stock offerings and two rounds of bridge funding.
- Represented a maker of innovative affordable battery powered office tools ranging from paper shredders to pushbutton staplers, as well as revolutionary, cap-less retractable marker products. We formed the company, represented them through three rounds of funding, and connected them to China-based manufacturers.
- Formed a California-based vendor of vulnerability assessment and management products; assisted in their stock offering and represented them in connection with a strategic alliance and assisted with the $30 million investment in a California-based company that offers a complete suite of back-end office software.
- Represented a company that develops innovative optical lens-making equipment in raising several millions of dollars in capital.
- Worked with an existing equity fund as well as an individual in connection with the formation of a new $100 million technology-oriented fund.
- Secured angel, bridge and first-level institutional funding rounds for a Pittsburgh-based designer and manufacturer of mobile robotic products that inspect and rehabilitate pipes and tanks. Also assisted company in forging strategic alliances and acquiring core technology.