Practice Areas » Entertainment and Sports Law
Keevican Weiss Bauerle & Hirsch LLC's has a full-service entertainment law practice offering practical business and legal counsel to individuals and institutions in the entertainment industry. Our core services include the representation of clients in transactions involving the production, distribution, and financing of motion pictures and television programs as well as the acquisition and disposition of entertainment assets. The Entertainment Law Practice also represents and negotiates on behalf of actors, producers, directors, writers, distributors, publishers, entertainment executives, artists, advertising agencies, and other individuals and institutions to secure favorable agreements and results that advance careers and enhance notoriety in the entertainment field.
To provide clients in the entertainment industry with the most sound and effective counsel possible and available, our entertainment attorneys regularly consult and work with attorneys in the Firm's other practice areas and business professionals in the Firm's business affiliate, Renaissance Partners, LLC. It is as a result of this cooperative practice that the Firm provides clients with the broadest range of financial and legal services and protection.
With access to and relationships with equity investors and lending institutions throughout the world, such as venture capital and film funds and regional and national lenders, the Firm, through Renaissance Partners, is able to secure the financing necessary to materialize production, distribution, and acquisition interests, whether modest or aggressive by nature. With decades of experience in mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance, the Firm is able to manage transactions of all kinds, such as asset acquisitions, dispositions, and buyouts related to film production and distribution and television programming. The Firm's Intellectual Property, Corporate, Banking, Tax, and Labor and Employment practice areas provide additional counsel for clients as ancillary issues, such as copyright, licensing, and contractual concerns, arise in the ordinary course of business. The Firm also counsels clients on guild and union related issues.
Examples of our representation include:
- Investment bank for Los Angeles-based production company with past features including Braveheart, Passion of the Christ, What Women Want, We Were Soldiers, 187, and Forever Young.
- Legal counsel for Santa Monica-based production company and Executive Producer for $10 Million feature length motion picture.
- Legal counsel and investment bank for multimedia company and full-service production studio.
- Legal counsel and investment bank for $5 Million feature length motion picture.
- Served as outside counsel to an NFL Franchise.
- Represented individual investors in their investments in an NHL franchise.
- Represented an individual investor in his investment in a Major League Baseball Franchise.
- Our firm’s Managing Partner serves on the Board of Directors and as General Counsel of the Pittsburgh Power Football, an Arena League Franchise.