- Private Equity and Venture Capital
Practice Areas » Private Equity and Venture Capital
We represent venture capital and private equity funds and their investors in numerous capacities including:
- Organizing and capitalizing “blind pool” investment partnerships.
- Making private placements or structuring syndicated partnerships.
- Negotiating favorable terms for lead investors.
- Establishing contractual relationships with both affiliate and non-affiliate investment management companies.
- Reselling partnership interests.
- Negotiating and documenting investment and loan transactions with issuers including the design of special common stock, preferred stock, convertible securities, subordinated debt, and secured debt.
- Conducting “due diligence” investigations to guide investment and credit decisions.
- Evaluating investor/lender legal and practical rights and options in cases of “troubled,” under-performing or non-performing portfolio companies.
- Enforcing legal and contractual rights through adversarial proceedings and other techniques to effect desired changes in the affairs of portfolio companies.
Companies Seeking Venture Capital or Private Equity
For companies seeking capital to secure needed growth, Keevican Weiss Bauerle & Hirsch assists the founders and management of numerous early stage and growing enterprises in their search for debt and equity capital from organized venture capital or private equity sources, syndications and private, institutional and individual investors.
Our tasks include:
- Assisting in identifying viable sources of financing.
- Negotiating terms and documenting transactions.
- Preparing private placement memoranda and other disclosure materials to comply with applicable federal and state securities laws and regulations.
- Providing advice and counsel to perfect exemptions from securities and broker-dealer registration requirements, e.g., private offering, Regulation D, Regulation A and intrastate offering regulations.
- Designing and documenting recapitalizations, reclassifications and other capital restructurings.
- Preparing shareholder agreements, voting agreements, voting trusts, and other necessary documents.