Keevican Weiss Bauerle & Hirsch LLC has represented entrepreneurial and high-growth businesses since its inception. We have found that this experience is extremely beneficial in helping us meet the demands of our technology clients. In tandem with our affiliate, Renaissance Partners LLC, we are able to assist our technology clients in obtaining equity and debt capital, both at the start-up stage and in later rounds. We understand the parameters of a reasonable deal and within such parameters will seek to obtain every advantage for our clients. In negotiating key agreements among founders, sources of capital, customers and suppliers, time is frequently of the essence.
We strive to provide timely, as well as sound, legal services to our clients. As our technology clients mature, we are able to provide them with our full range of business services. For example, our intellectual property lawyers can ensure that patents and trademarks are properly protected and our capital markets group can assist in finding and structuring capital resources necessary for our clients’ success. We are committed to learning and understanding the businesses of our technology clients in order to maximize the value of our legal advice.
We believe there is no better indicator of success than past experience. Following are specific examples of work recently completed or presently being conducted by our attorneys for technology clients:
- Retained to represent the lead investors in their $30 million investment in a California-based company that offers a complete suite of central office and customer premise equipment which simplifies deployment for last mile connection applications. In connection with the representation, we will restructure five previous rounds of preferred stock funding and related warrants.
- Closed a $3 million Series A Convertible Preferred Stock offering for an investor in development of innovative optical lens-making equipment, drafting all documents relating to investment including terms of stock and stockholders agreements. We now serve as company counsel, and our Technology Industry Chairman, David Hirsch, is a member of its Board.
- Acted as outside general counsel to a producer of Web services security products. We have represented a Salt Lake City-based company from its initial incorporation through two rounds of preferred stock offerings and two rounds of bridge funding.
- Formed a California-based vendor of vulnerability assessment and management products that enable businesses to securely develop, deploy, and benefit from Web services.
- Assisted in connection with an $8 million Series A funding round. We are also working with it in connection with a strategic alliance and possible merger with a company that offers a related technology and in the protectiion of its intellectual property. As corporate counsel, we represented a designer and manufacturer of network security devices providing immediate and automatic protection from denial of service attacks from its formation through five rounds of preferred stock offerings, helping it to raise in excess of $30 million.